Thursday, February 4, 2010

Random bits

I was so proud of these snowmen last winter

Doesn't this just look like Rob and I?

I have a few random thoughts floating around to share, none of which command a post dedicated to themselves:

*I went swimsuit shopping yesterday for my upcoming long weekend in Florida with my mom, sister and sister-in-law. It was brutal. Brutal. I'm sure I looked like a woman walking to her execution as I entered that mall. You are able to sort of convince yourself that it's not that bad, surely you will find something that looks ok, and then bam, the reality of those dressing room lights and three way mirrors hits you and you have to reevaluate those thoughts. I walked away with two suits that if I am required to force my body into I can, but it ain't gonna be pretty.


*Rob and I got a babysitter last night to go to Luke's preschool conference and then to a local bar in our town for a drink. You know you live in a small town when:
1) You ask, "Do you have wine?" and he answers, "Chardonnay. In a box." Alrighty, then! I'll have a Miller Lite!
2) They serve their drinks out of a regular refrigerator.
3) There is a seating area with a TV and old couches grouped together when you walk in that remind you exactly of your best friends basement when you were in junior high.
4) You pay to sign up for a square on the football scorecard for the Super Bowl and you only write your name. When you ask if there's a place to put a phone number too, the bartender says, hey, small town. Most people just stop by to see if they won.


*I'm beginning to think the Wii is the devil's helpmate. Sure, it's great if you are trying to get something done and the kids can just go play the Wii, but somehow, it has infiltrated Jack's brain to give him complete amnesia of his memories doing anything else but play the Wii. "Mom, I know you think all I think about is the Wii, but I just don't know what else to do right now but play the Wii!!" Hmm, you USED to know what to do with yourself before we had the Wii but those memories have now mysteriously been erased from your brain!


*Eating a low-fat 50 calorie mini fudgesicle with Luke:

"Mom, will this make my belly fat?"

"No, it won't."

"Will it make your belly fat?"

"No, it won't."

"Well then, why is your belly fat?"

"Because I eat too much."

"Will your belly always be that fat?"

"I sure hope not."

1 comment:

  1. Rachel,
    I sure do miss this little guy and all of his off the wall conversations! You just have to give him a hug and kiss! Tell the boys we miss them. Hope all is well with Rob and yourself.
    Christie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! They are much appreciated!
Rachel