Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Brain Dump

I often think of things I want to blog about at 3 a.m. when I am sitting up nursing. Unfortunately I don't have a pen and paper to jot things down then, so hopefully this post will let me unclog my brain a bit. These are just some bits and pieces of thoughts, plus a few pictures of course.

*The other day Luke walked past me in his typical fashion naked on the way to a shower. As he rounded the corner leaving the kitchen, he said, "Nationwide has a productible." I started laughing and asked him to come back and tell me again what he said. My response was, "First of all, it's a deductible, and second, why do you even know that?" When Rob got home, I said, "Luke, what is Nationwide again?" to see if he would repeat it, and this time he said, "Nationwide is on your side!" I then said, "I know, but what is Nationwide?" and he said, "I don't know, I think it's an insurance company or something."
So, if there's any doubt that advertising works, there's proof in the pudding.

*Demi Moore is seeking treatment for exhaustion.
Oh, I know! I have a great idea for treatment!!
It's called... rest! Sleep! Stop moving! Lay down!
There, I gave you all of that treatment for a respectably low price. I knew I should have been a therapist.

*I am crazy in love with my bebe. She makes me happy. Even when she engages in such tom foolery as nursing for an hour at 3 a.m. instead of the normal 30 minutes. Or pooing the moment I have the 756th snap resnapped from the poo I just changed. I still adore her. But honestly! Was there some sort of strike enacted by the local 341 chapter of baby sleeper makers that prohibits using less than 756 snaps on a sleeper, and forbids the use of much easier zippers? I think I'm getting tendinitis from too much snapping!

*My task this month has been to figure out how/when/where to give Josie her naps. She is starting to get to the age where I think she can learn to get herself to sleep, so I finally figured out how to use this:

Technically, it's called a "swaddler" but let's not mince words, it's a straight jacket. I was telling Rob that she sort of fusses when she is getting put into it, and he said, "Uh, maybe because.... it's a straight jacket?"
Right on brother, but once she's in she gives a few squawks and she's out. Now, she's even graduated from the swing to the crib and things seem to be working out there so I'm feeling some success in my napping endeavors. Spellcheck doesn't like my use of the word "crib" and is suggesting instead "CPR" or "ibo" so henceforth in this post, I shall refer to it as her ibo. I still wake her up once it's time to eat though, until her two month appointment when we see how her weight is doing, so I don't know really how long she would sleep in the ibo if I let her.

*I feel like I may never wear a pair of jeans again, or at least, a pair of pants that don't have an elastic waist. I know it's only been 6 weeks but c'mon man. It's so much fun to lose 35 of my 50 pounds in 12 days or so that now that I'm stalling out it's not nearly as much fun to get on the scale. I honestly feel like my saddlebag is snuggling down deep and getting comfortable for a long, long stay. I look longingly at the cute things in the stores and wonder when or if they will ever grace my body again. Sigh. But see point 3. Totally worth it.

Here's a couple other pictures just for the heck of it. Till next time...
It's possible he can love no other woman more than this one.

3 comments:

  1. Oh! Thanks for the picture update! She looks so much like Jack's baby picture. Josie surely is a keeper! Love the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rachel! Thanks for the update! I was waiting to see more pictures of that cute baby girl! I am with you on all those darn buttons! Katie now likes to flip over as I am trying to get her dressed- it makes an outfit change more like a wrestling match!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had Collins in a straight jacket till she was 6 months old!!! Those things are a Godsend!! Josie is beautiful!!
    XOXO
    a

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! They are much appreciated!
Rachel