Monday, December 5, 2011

Getting closer!

I had another doctor appointment this morning. Now the prediction is that baby girl is weighing in at a whopping 10 lbs 14 ounces. Can I hear a collective "ouch"? The ultrasound tech actually said her machine maxes out at a certain level so many of my measurements were "off the charts" so it would say a number with an asterisk meaning probably more than this. However, the doctor maintains that often the ultrasounds are on the overstated side so she thinks probably closer to about 10 1/2 lbs. That did happen with Jack, they had estimated about 9 lbs 3 weeks before I had him, and he came in 1/2 oz shy of 9 lbs so it is quite possible that baby isn't AS large as predicted.

However, based on this information, the doctor is recommending a C section now for Friday. While this scares me since I have never had one, the thought of delivering a baby this large otherwise scares me too, so at least the doctor feels this is the safer alternative than trying to have the baby and it getting stuck. However, if I go into labor on my own between now and then, we'll see what happens. Yikes!!

After seeing these amazing 3D photos, the boys even said, "Wow, there really is a baby in there!" I could relate to that feeling. Despite having 9 months to wrap my brain around this, it is still hard for me to believe sometimes that there is a real live baby in there that is coming out in just a few short days.

Look at those cheeks! Oh my goodness. She's rubbing her eye. I think she looks like me as a baby here.



So I'm not taking all the responsibility for the size now. It's justified, right?

2 comments:

  1. Such an exciting time for your family!!! I am thinking about you often this week and sending love your way from Knoxville!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a beautiful granddaughter! I am sure everyone was overjoyed to see the pictures! Our prayers are with you all!

    Mom and Dad Miller

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! They are much appreciated!
Rachel