Friday, June 3, 2011

My favorite day

June 1st has always held a special place in my heart as my favorite day of the year. To me, it was the "first" day of summer, holding so much promise of fun things to come. Rob and I always made a Summer Fun List, with things like:
*Camp
*Drive-in movie
*Summerfest
*Zoo
and on and on....

And although things have changed over the years with the addition of our children, many of the same things still make our summer list, with a few additions like:
*Chuck E Cheese
*Slip N Slide
*Lemonade Stand
and on and on.....

This summer will be the longest summer in school history for my kids. We got out very early this year, and because of some construction are starting quite late, so we will have over 3 full months off of school. All the more reason to try to make this as full of a summer as we can. We kicked off our June 1st with an outing to the pool.


Here's to a long hot summer filled with days like this.

1 comment:

  1. And hello..... June 1st kicks off one of the most important and observed international holidays ~ Liz's BDay month!!!
    Ooh, I see you're reading Room,... that was a creepy one.
    What'd you think of These Things Hidden? I really liked that one!
    On, and yes, tell me again, why is it that you don't have a Goodreads account yet?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! They are much appreciated!
Rachel