Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Paralysis, broken

For some strange, unknown reason, I am completely noncommittal when it comes to making decisions about choosing pictures to hang on the wall. I have many great photos, some already printed out and resting patiently in the folder they arrived in, and other pictures still in the digital state, waiting for a decision to be made about them. Which one is the best? What size would I choose to finish it in? And then, what do I hang around it? Is it a single display or part of a collage? Where does it go? What kind of frame? And on, and on, and on....

I know this isn't rocket science. And, I know that once I've made the decision and hung the picture, I won't still fret that in the other photo I could have chose, the left arm was positioned a half centimeter to the left, making it a much more stylish picture. But yet, a full body paralysis engulfs me when I get anywhere near making these decisions, leaving me a twitching, drooling neurotic mess.

SO ALAS! I've had a breakthrough! Due to thoughts swirling somewhere in the realm of What have I done with myself this year? Have I accomplished anything?, I actually made a decision. I had 740 pictures Rob's sister Christie had taken from a vacation last June to scroll through and make decisions on. I knew I wanted to blow a couple photos of the boys up fairly big for the wall (very specific location, I know), and that's about all I knew, but I have actually placed an order and "masking taped" a spot that I think they will go.

This is huge for me.

Pictures to come of the final product. Giddyup.

1 comment:

Thanks for leaving a comment! They are much appreciated!
Rachel