Monday, November 15, 2010

Overdue recaps

I am considerably overdue mentioning two very fun weekends we just had. Well, not just, but a few weeks ago, seein' as how I said I'm overdue.

Anyhoo, my sister and her family visited over Halloween weekend. I was so excited for the visit; she hadn't been here since 3 weeks after we moved here, and her husband had not been here yet, so I couldn't wait. We had a great time. We ate too much, drank too many beers and martinis, (blah blah, broken record, yes I eat and drink too much pretty much anytime I'm with people I love) played boggle, sat around in our pj's till noon just like we wanted to, got a babysitter and went out to dinner and a movie (can we really call Jackass a movie-but still funny!), and went to a fun Halloween party. Though they were only here for 3 nights, it felt nice and long since we mostly sat around, and that's exactly how we wanted it.

I'm so glad you came! I loved it.

Awww.
Guess what sister, bet no one has any trouble figuring out who the younger one is here, now do they?

Guess our "good side" for a photograph hasn't changed over the years

Heather and Aaron at martini/sushi bar

Jack, Luke, Evan and Carson.
Do I organize an pyramid shot, without fail, whenever I'm in a group? Yes.


-------------------------
Another fun weekend following on the heels of that one. We met up with our good friends Chris and Cindy in the corner of Wisconsin/Iowa/Illinois at her parents house. They are dairy farmers, so this visit was a real treat for all of us. We got to watch a milking (needless to say we voted for the p.m. milking vs. the a.m. milking....lightweights...) and got to bottle feed calves. So much fun! Cindy's parents were more than gracious hosts and it was so comfortable there. We even got a night out for an adult dinner. We capped it all off with a daytrip to a waterpark. Thanks for a great trip!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! They are much appreciated!
Rachel