Thursday, December 31, 2009

Let's play catch-up...

Although I am starting this blog post Christmas, I still feel the need to share a bit about our December and Christmas with you. This will also be my first practice at importing pictures, links, etc. As much as I'd like to consider myself tech savvy, the sad truth is, new technology scares the bejeesus out of me. I am more like an 80 year old woman than one who just turned 30-something this month. So, give me kudos for at least trying, right?

Matching pj's for all the cousins-Christmas Eve
Jack and his cousin Grace
Luke just couldn't take it anymore

Backyard with snow

December started with a trip to Nashville, TN to celebrate a milestone-which-I'm-not-allowed-to-mention-what-age birthday for my dad. All 6 of his kids gathered to celebrate and he and his wife Donna were gracious enough to put us up in a spacious 2 bedroom dwelling for the weekend. We had a great time, and I would love to see this gathering an annual occurrence if we could swing it. While there, we also hired a professional photographer to take the whole gang's picture.

Harland and family
Christmas followed closely on this trip's heels, and we had a great Christmas. While Luke still remains lukewarm (sorry, it was the only word that fit) about the whole thing, Jack was super excited and counted down the days. We asked Santa for a special early delivery for kids who travel over Christmas, so we were able to celebrate December 20th at our house, and then were off December 22nd for Indiana since some bad weather was due to hit Iowa and we wanted to get out of dodge first. The trip went great, and we were able to stay at my sister Heather's, my mom's, Rob's parents, and my great friend Claudine's house all in the same trip.

Many thanks to the big guy and everyone else who made this Christmas jolly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! They are much appreciated!
Rachel